While you can use filters to create custom reports within the hub analytics, sometimes it’s helpful to dive a bit deeper into the data. As a hub admin or owner, you’ll be able to export a CSV file of your hub analytics directly to your desktop.
Exporting Hub Analytics
Understanding Export Data in Rallio
When working with the hub analytics export, it’s important to have an understanding of our current logic that dictates how the figures are calculated.
- Totals will be the running total number at the end of the specified end date
- Deltas will be the difference between the running total number at the end of the specified start date, and the running total number at the end of the specified end date
Let’s say you set your hub analytics export to include April 30 through May 31:
The total will show you the number of check-ins that appeared on the Facebook profile at the end of May 30. The delta then gives you the difference between the total number of check-ins at the end of May 31 and the total number of check-ins at the end of April 30.
Measuring Period Over Period
Need to track and measure social media performance at recurring intervals? No problem! To make sure that the figures will add up correctly, you’ll need to make sure that the end date for period 1 is the same as the start date of period 2.
For example, if you are tracking check-in growth month over month, make sure that the end date of month 1 and the start date of month 2 are the same.
- Month 1: February 28 - March 31
- Month 2: March 31 - April 30
- Month 3: April 30 - May 31