So you have an amazing photo, but for some reason it keeps uploading sideways displaying image incorrectly or worse, uploading the image with stretched or widened image! No worries as there are ways to fix this!
Replace your camera app
You could use an alternative camera app, like Camera+, instead of the iPhone’s built-in one. These apps tend to fix the pictures for you regardless of how you hold the phone. You'll just needto remember to use the alternate app when taking pictures.
Are you holding it wrong?
If you’re willing to hold your phone a certain way when you take pictures, then they will show up correctly. See the picture below. The phone’s round ‘home’ button is on the right side. This is the only way the iPhone knows how to take pictures without the rotation problem.
(If the home button is on the left,the picture will be upside down.This is a common trap when people press one of the volume buttons to take the picture.)
Now, look at the picture below. This is a very natural way that many people hold the phonewhen taking a picture, right?
Unfortunately, if you hold it this way, the receiver of the picture will get it sideways. There’s that neck crooking again!
But, what if you really want the picture to be portrait instead of landscape? Then, you’ll need to use an alternate camera app as the default camera does not supply this option for you!
If you already have an image that is sideways there are options!
You can google "Exif Data Removal" and find online solutions
Or you can resolve it on your computer depending on what kind of OS you are on!
Windows Explorer makes it easy to delete EXIF metadata from one photo or an entire batch of photos at once. Follow these steps:
- Open the folder containing your image files.
- Select all the files you want to delete EXIF metadata from.
- Right-click anywhere within the selected fields and choose “Properties.”
- Click the “Details” tab.
- At the bottom of the “Details” tab, you’ll see a link titled “Remove Properties and Personal Information.” Click this link.
- Windows will ask whether you want to make a copy of the photo with this information removed, or if you want to remove the information from the original. Choose the option you prefer and click “OK.”
Removing Data From a Mac will require a downloaded app. Again please look up something like "ImageOptim"